RAVEN CONSULTING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, Online
- Instructor for live, online co-parenting education classes
- Co-author co-parenting curriculum and programming
MSAD 75, Topsham, ME
Substitute Teacher and Educational Technician III
- Replaced teachers in long-term and daily teaching absences
- Worked with targets groups and individual learners with special educational needs
KIDS FIRST CENTER, Portland, ME
Executive Director (2016-2018)
- Directed all nonprofit agency operations, programming, and financials.
- Supervised staff and team of independent contractors, along with any volunteers.
- Family Law Advisory Commission Member (2016-2018)
- Worked to enhance the image of the organization in the community and to help educate parents how to co-parent and separate/divorce without harming their children in the process. Supported children through workshops.
MAINE JUDICIAL BRANCH, COURT OPERATIONS, Augusta, ME
Manager, Office of Transcript Operations and Projects (OTO) (2013-2016)
A division of the Maine Judicial Branch responsible for official transcripts and court reporting, as well as the implementation and networking of new digital recording systems statewide.
- Directed a division during a significant period of transition and growth.
- Managed, hired, scheduled, and trained Judicial Branch staff to ensure the effective delivery of services to Maine courts and the public.
COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA), Augusta, ME
Volunteer Coordinator/Education and Training Specialist (2011 – 2013)
A program of the Maine Judicial Branch that trains and supervises volunteer Guardians ad litem to advocate in court for children involved in child protection cases.
- Recruited, trained and managed adult volunteers to increase the number of guardians available in Maine courts for children embroiled in abuse and neglect cases. Ensured that Maine courts have increased volunteer guardians
available to accept child protection cases and to ensured cost savings to the court system. Presented at trainings, and continue to do so multiple times a year. Wrote curriculum materials. Co-created new Maine CASA website (www.casaofmaine.org) and program brochure.
- Counsel volunteers on aspects of law and ensure adherence to statutory guidelines. Reviewed and edited reports prior to court submission. Mentored volunteers on statutory requirements. Encouraged and aided volunteers in the development of their advocacy skills.
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, Scarborough, ME
Corporate Events Director/Youth Market Director (2006-2011)
National nonprofit that is the leader in scientific research, education, and development related to heart disease and stroke in the United States.
- Raised over 1.5 million dollars for research and education in Maine.
OFFICE OF NICOLLE A. CARBONE, J.D., Portland, ME
Guardian ad litem (2005-2006)
- Investigated and advised the Court as a Guardian ad litem
YALE UNIVERSITY/APT FOUNDATION, New Haven, CT
Clinical Research Assistant, Mother’s Group Study (2000-2001)
- Recruited women for Methadone treatment into a Yale University study. Assessed and recruited addicted women for a parenting group as part of a research program on women and addiction. Tracked information related to the women and the study.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICES OF GREATER NEW HAVEN, New Haven, CT
Coordinator of community education/child advocate (1999-2000)
Educated and trained on the topic of violence against women and societal acceptance of this behavior.