Dana Prescott has been a Partner with Prescott, Jamieson, & Murphy Law Group, LLC in Saco, Maine since 1988.
Dana is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in complex litigation, including: divorce, non-married partnerships, economic valuations, spousal and child support, child custody, de facto parenting and grandparents, domestic violence and abuse, constitutional and civil rights, economic misconduct, and civil tort and business cases.
Dana has comprehensive experience with alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, references, arbitration, and judicial settlement conferences.
He maintains an appellate practice, including preparation of briefs and oral argument.
Dana has been a Court-Rostered Guardian ad litem since 2009, and completed a certificate program for Parent Coordination.
Dana is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and
- Licensed Attorney in Maine and Massachusetts, State and Federal Courts (1983-present).
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), License #LM10173 (2005-present).
PhD, Simmons College Graduate School of Social Work, Boston, MA (2009-2014).
- Dissertation: Clinical Social Workers and the Judicial System: Toward an Understanding of the Experience of Becoming and Being an “Expert.”
MSW, Boston College School of Social Work, Chestnut Hill, MA (2002-2005).
JD, Vermont Law School, South Royalton, VT (1980-1983).
BA, Western New England College, Springfield, MA (1977-1980).
- Major: Psychology; Massachusetts Teacher Certification (Grades 7-12, Social Studies, 1980, not current).
Lemoyne College, Syracuse, NY (1976-1977, transferred).
Selected Professional Service
- Guardian ad Litem Review Board, Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar, appointed Chair by Maine Supreme Judicial Court (2015-present).
- Board of Directors, Kids First, Portland, ME (2015-present).
- Board of Directors, Caring Unlimited, York County’s Domestic Violence Program (2004-present).
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (1990-present; Board of Editors, Journal of the AAML, 2009-present; Co-Chair, Legislation Committee, 2012-present).
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers (2010-present; Delegate to US/Canada Board 2016-present).
- Board of Directors, Maine Guardian ad Litem Institute (2013-2015).
- Member, Fee Arbitration Commission, Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar (2007-2013; Chair, Panel I, 2011-2013).
- Member, Saco Bay Rotary Club (1991-1997; 2005-present).
- Member, Task Force on Electronic Court Record Access (2004-2005).
- Member, Justice Action Group, Legal Service Providers of Maine (2002-2005; JAG’s Leadership Development Group (2006–2007).
- Board of Governors, Maine State Bar Association (1993–2005; President, 2004; President-Elect 2003 Second Vice-President, 2002; Third Vice-President, 2001; Treasurer, 2000).
- Director, New England Bar Association (1994–2002; President, 2001-2002; Vice-President, 2000-2001).
- Member, Tri-State Commission on Bar Admissions (1998-2000).
- Family Law Section, Maine State Bar Association (Chair 1993-1994; Vice-Chair 1991-1993).
- Member, Advisory Committee on the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure (1990-1999).
- Member and Reporter, MSBA Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law (1997-1998).
- Maine State Bar Association (1983-present).
- Massachusetts Bar Association (1983-present).
- York Bar Association (1987-present; Executive Committee 1990-1994; President, 1993-1994; Interim President, 2014-2016).
- Family Law Section Achievement Award, MSBA (2016).
- Charles Walter Smith Jr. Award, York Bar Association (2010).
- Maine Bar Foundation and Volunteer Lawyers Project Pro Bono Publico Award, Most VLP Family Law Cases accepted by an Attorney (2010).
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Foundation of Rotary International, Saco Bay Rotary (2003).